Sunday, June 17, 2007

6/17/2007 Young People Kissing

6/17/2007 Young People Kissing



Good day today. Yes, today I am at the Market and I see these two young folks. Same reaction I had to the old people kissing, just less disgusting. I saw the girl first, I noticed her because she was pretty. (I must admit that as I get older, I begin to notice the scarcer attributes of elegance and grace more than the purely “nubile” attributes of round asses and looking good in spandex.) Originally I thought she was with her mother, but it turned out she was just with a fashion-challenged boyfriend. As they went into the market, they were holding hands and kind of skipping/dancing as they went. Then as I was leaving, they were still in the produce section, kissing.

Okay, the temptation is to decide they're stupid. They're dancing in the parking lot like two children. They're kissing in the produce section with the other vegetables. But that's crap, of course. I would give anything to be kissing her. They were not stupid, they were possessed of love, willing to express joy in ways that we normally wouldn't out of fear. They had the bravery and invincibility of their love, the kind of brazen attitude that we all have when we are with other people that we know “have our backs”. What could naturally spike your confidence more than a beautiful women kissing you? There should be no doubts as to why I resent them, it's jealousy. I want to kick his ass and drag her off by the hair. But this is not quite as disturbing as the old people kissing. At least I can envy them. With the older folks i had to confront the image of patently unsexy people displaying the fact that they are having sex, which reminds me both that I am not and also that if I do it might end up being with someone who is patently unsexy.

I'm feeling posty today. I have a chip on my shoulder after seeing a TV show last night. I'll post about that and then about my list of marriage candidates.

No comments: