Friday, June 1, 2007

6/1/2007 The Wooze And The Sway (And Paris Hilton)

6/1/2007 The Wooze And The Sway (And Paris Hilton)



Just another day for me. I am alone but I am happy because I my head is swamped with ideas. I have ideas for prose, for songs, websites to create, I don't have time for it all. I feel woozy because I think the meds are wearing off. And anyway the earth is moving so I'm right and you all are wrong.

I fixed my car pretty well just by checking the tires for proper inflation. I have an appointment scheduled as well. I want to find room in my budget for a new car, as this one has had it's share of problems, but I have been distracted by trying to get Quicken to work. Quicken has been very ill-mannered.

The dizziness seems to be worse in the morning and better at night. I think my brain adjusts to it as the day goes on. It could be that the relapse happened because I spent the whole weekend sleeping. I'll try a more active approach. The ringing in my ears has been much better lately as well. Time to start running, I already have begun to do my program of dips and stretches.

Eventually I would actually like to go out and meet people. A novel idea, eh? I think I am going to try to start my own support group for shy people. We'll see how that goes.

Boring. Boring. I am actually starting to look forward to the baseball game tomorrow. My dissertation on love continues next.



P.S. I put Paris Hilton in the title because she's always one of the top searches so I want to see if I get hits off search engines by putting her name there. For the record, I feel sorry for her. I mean, a while back she came out with this statement to her fans saying that she was trying to drop her party-girl ways and be more responsible. Not that this makes her any kind of genius, but I do respect her for that and recording a #1 single, producing a highly rated T.V. Show and being involved in a number of projects that have slipped my mind and I don't want to research it so I'll just say there's more and that's that.

But it just disgusts me how she has been treated. People think that just because she is rich that they don't have to treat her like a human being. How it was legal for anyone to sell her sex tape is completely beyond me. If the law doesn't protect us from something like that, what the fuck is it there for? People say it's part of the deal to be a celebrity, but that's irrelevant. Everyone is responsible in a moral sense for what they do and say, and the income level or status of the person you are attacking does nothing to change that. That goes for Paris and all celebs. In the end, I hope she'll be stronger for all of this.

One of my former therapists told me that she has treated many people who have been born to rich parents and as a result didn't have to earn a living for their entire lives. She said that she has never met such a person who didn't have major problems. It seems counter-intuitive to think that someone who is born with everything we work for all our lives has to overcome their upbringing, but Paris has had to overcome more than any of us want to admit. I wish her luck.

No comments: